Experts in web technology for over 17 years, the 25 team members at Symetris specialize in large-scale digital projects.
Our clients choose us to benefit from the "Symetris Experience": our increased supervision, our rigorous project management methodology inspired by AGILE, and our quality management process that promotes respect for deadlines while ensuring client flexibility.
Our Functional Analysts play a key role in gathering functional requirements from clients, documenting business processes, and creating/optimizing process efficiencies. They translate the client's needs into functionalities to be implemented by the technical team. They help bridge the gap between strategy and implementation of functionalities.
Role & responsibilities
- Analyze and estimate
- Interacting with the future client and the account manager, the analyst must be able to find the client's needs and understand the essential technical requirements to the future project
- Issue ballpark estimates according to the client's needs and the high level budget
- Provide early assumptions and recommendations on effort, complexities and critical elements of the project
- Drive the strategy and architecture
- Facilitate work sessions to highlight pain points
- Understand the client's reality and map it to the needs of the project to communicate strengths and weaknesses
- Propose & map improvements to the client's issues according to the client's high level objectives
- Ensure the operationalization of the objectives
- Must be able to define or optimize current and recommended processes
- Assist the production team in cutting tasks by being the "voice of the customer”
- Write technical specifications, have them validated and communicate them to the production team in the most appropriate format
- Follow up on the customer solution with the team
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position;
- Must be familiar with web system architectures to effectively bridge the gap between the technical team and the client;
- Must be familiar at a high level with the families of technologies and businesses used in the web, previous experience with web programming languages is an asset.;
- Good knowledge of business applications that can connect to web platforms and their roles in a digital ecosystem (e.g. CMS/CRM/ERP/Analytics);
- Writing of functional specifications;
- Emotional intelligence (ability to manage crisis situations with brio);
- Leadership, initiative and sense of responsibility;
- Courtesy, positive mood and team spirit;
- Good management of priorities and time (important vs. urgent);
- Rigor, organization and attention to detail;
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt;
- Enthusiastic to contribute to the continuous improvement of the team;
- Fluency in English and French, both written and oral.
Why work at Symetris?
Symetris’ success lies in honouring the delicate balance between efficient processes and a resourceful team that firmly believes that the road to success is just as important as the destination.
The members of our team chose Symetris for the following reasons:
- Our long-term vision and the values that guide our approach (heart, discipline, expertise and transparency)
- Our prioritization of work-life balance (possibility of choosing one’s own schedule, non-restrictive telecommuting, social activities during working hours)
- Our competent and collaborative team (as an “A” player, you want to work with other “A” players)
- Our coaching of career progression (training, conferences, internal opportunities)
- Competitive compensation package
- Group insurance
- Access to Dialogue, a telemedicine service for physical and mental health
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day on top of vacation
- Flexible hours
How to apply?
Apply here. Include in your cover letter a description of projects for which you have contributed to success (with an explanation of your impact on the project).